Note: To configure your device for eduroam in the most secure manner, please use the eduroam Configuration Assistance Tool (CAT) – see Wi-Fi
- Download the certificates by clicking on these links in turn:
Connect to the eduroam network
Note: This example is shown using Network Manager 0.6.6 on Ubuntu Hardy Heron, on other distributions please use the same settings.
- If you attempt to connect to the eduroam network you should be prompted to configure the connection.
Please change the following settings:
- Wireless Security: WPA2 Enterprise
- EAP Method: PEAP
- Key Type: Automatic (Default)
- Phase2 Type: MSCHAPV2
- Identity: Enter your QMUL username with '@qmul.ac.uk' appended, e.g. 'firstname.lastname@example.org'
- Password: Your QMUL password
- Anonymous Identity: Set to blank
- Client Certificate File: Set to blank
- CA Certificate File: QMUL Root CA
- Private Key File: Set to blank
- Private Key Password: Set to blank
- Click Connect.
Note: If the connection fails and you need to amend these settings, you may have to delete and re-create the profile to update them.