These are the steps for setting up your iPhone, iPad or iPod device for your QMUL email account. The example shown is an iPhone but the process is similar on all Apple devices.
- iPhone, iPad or iPod
- QMUL username and password
Steps to configure your iPhone, iPad or iPod with Office 365
1. If this is the first email account on this device, tap Mail. Otherwise tap Settings then tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
2. Tap Add Account… and then tap Microsoft Exchange.
3. In the Exchange dialog box:
- In the Email field enter your QMUL email address (e.g. email@example.com)
- In the Password field enter your QMUL password
- In the Description field enter “Office 365” (or anything else to distinguish it from other accounts).
4. Tap Next in the top right corner of the Exchange dialog box.
5. In the server field enter “outlook.office365.com”.
6. Leave the domain field blank.
7. In the Username field enter your QMUL username including the '@qmul.ac.uk' suffix (eg firstname.lastname@example.org).
8. Tap Next again in the top right of the Exchange dialog box.
9. In the next screen, choose the type of information you want to synchronise: Mail, Contacts, Calendars and Reminders. If you do not want to synchronise an item select OFF.
10. Tap Save to complete the set up.
11. On the Mail, Contacts, Calendar… screen, tap the account you have just created.
12. Tap Mail Days to Sync to select how many days’ worth of email you would like to sync.
NOTE: By default only one week of email is selected.
13. Push the Home button on your device and then select Mail or Calendar apps to confirm that you have set up your Office 365 account information correctly.