These are the steps for setting up Outlook 2010, 2013 and 2016 for your QMUL email account.
If you have problems with your Outlook, remember you can access your emails using your QMUL credentials by signing into webmail via: https://mail.qmul.ac.uk/
Setting up a new Outlook profile
1. Go to the Start menu and open Control Panel.
2. Click Mail, then Show Profiles.
NOTE: If you are unable to see Mail select View by: Small Icons, this can be found on the top right-hand corner on the drop down menu.
3. Click Add…
4. Enter the new Profile Name as 'Office 365' and click OK.
5. In the window that opens, select the E-mail Account option.
6. Enter Your Name and QMUL Email Address (e.g. email@example.com).
7. Click Next.
8. The windows security screen will be shown to indicate that the account is being configured. When you are prompted for your credentials, you must change the default details to your QMUL username and include the '@qmul.ac.uk' suffix (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
9. Don't forget to tick the ‘Remember my credentials’ box after entering your password.
10. Click OK on the windows security screen.
11. Click Finish.
12. Click Apply.
13. You can now open Outlook. After a few minutes it should connect, load your old mail and you can use it as normal.