These are the steps you need to follow to set up your Mac Mail email client for your QMUL email account.
- Web access to Office 365
- QMUL username and password
Steps to configure Mac Mail (OSX 10.6 or earlier) for Office 365
NOTE: Currently some users will find that their client may not automatically find the correct settings. This is a problem IT Services are working on to resolve.
1. Start your Mac Mail Client.
2. Go to File and click on Add Account...
3. Enter your Full Name and QMUL Email Address (eg email@example.com) and QMUL Password.
4. Click Continue.
5. In the window that opens, enter the information into the relevant fields as follows:
- Account type: IMAP
- Description: leave blank (optional)
- Incoming Mail Server: outlook.office365.com
- User Name: Your QMUL username including the ‘@qmul.ac.uk’ suffix (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: Your QMUL password.
7. Click Continue.
8. You will then need to amend the Outgoing Mail Server to ‘smtp.office365.com’ and change the Description to QMUL Mail or QMUL 365.
9. Tick the ‘Use Authentication’ box and again enter your QMUL username with ‘@qmul.ac.uk’ suffix and your password.
10. Click Continue.
11. In the Account Summary window that opens, tick the ‘Take account online’ box and then Create.