/*Cutsom styles for Accodion 4-17*/

IT Services

Support menu

Frequently Asked Questions

At the Service Desk we get a number of calls and tickets regarding various requests and issues, to help save you time we have compiled this Frequently Asked Questions page. Click on a topic to navigate to the question you need answering.


When do I get an IT account?

As a student you will get an IT account once your offer has been accepted. Your QMUL username and password should be emailed to the personal email address you provided on your application.

As a staff member you will receive your IT Account once your contract has been accepted. Your Line Manager, or the Centre Administrator, will raise a ticket with the Service Desk and the details will be issued to them.

What can I access with my account?

You can use any of the computers across all campuses*, printers, Wi-Fi, email and the generic web based resources, such as the library website.

*There are some machines that are designated for staff or student use.

I am moving to another department, will I need a new IT account? (STAFF ONLY)

No, please do not request a new account. We highly recommend you contact IT Services and inform us if you have changed departments so we can update this on our system. The request can be made by yourself or by your new line manager.

Can I access QMPlus if I have a visitors account?

At Queen Mary University of London we issue various accounts. If you only require access to QMPlus your host would have requested a QMPlus affiliate account for you. However, if you have been issued an account to use our machines, QMPlus will not be accessible to you.

I have just left QMUL, can I still access my emails?

We strongly advice those that have left QMUL to archive, copy or forward important emails to a personal email address as accounts after departure may close without prior warning.

I’m no longer a QMUL student but I need to access my transcript from MySIS, can you help?

You do not need to log onto MySIS for a copy of your transcript, you can call the Administration team and they shall be able to assist. You can contact them in the following ways:
Postal Address:

Queen Mary University of London
Mile End Road
E1 4NS

Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry
Garrod Building
Turner Street, Whitechapel
E1 2AD

Telephone: +44 (0)20 7882 5511
Freephone: 0800 376 1800 (UK callers only)
Email: admissions@qmul.ac.uk

What type of accounts are available to those attending QMUL?

Accounts can be requested for visitors and new members of staff by Line managers/Centre Administrators.

Below is the information you need to help determine which account will best suit your requirements.

Type of Account Access to?
Central PC's, printing, eduroam, online recourses such as QMPlus and the library website.
Visitors PC only
QMPlus Affiliate QMPlus only. Ideal for external users.

I have a new member of staff starting soon, what details do you need?

You will need to raise a ticket and provide us with the following details:

  • Name
  • Surname (as it will appear in HR)
  • Department
  • Do they require an email address?
  • Do they already have an account with us? (If the employee had an account with us then this will save you time)
  • Do they need access to any shared drives? If so, provide a colleague who we can mirror the same access to
  • Do they need access to any shared mailboxes?
  • When will they be starting? This will help us know if we should send the PRM passcode with the account details.

What are the benefits of getting a visitor account?

  • The account will let the visitor log onto our machines without the worry of accessing shared drives
  • You can determine the duration of the account expiry date. This can be between months to a year
  • They can use any machine across all campuses
  • Visitors will not need to worry about resetting the password given to them

I want to request a visitor account, what information do you need?

When requesting a visitor account, please provide the following when raising a ticket:

  • Visitors name and surname
  • Department
  • Start and end date
  • If you want the visitor to have printing credit, please provide us with your departmental Budget Code

NOTE: Visitors will not be able to access the eduroam network with these accounts. Creating a QM-Guest account will be the best option for you and your guest. Instructions can be found here.

A staff member is leaving, what do I need to do?

As a Line Manager, or Centre Administrator, please raise a ticket with the following details when a member of your team leaves.

  • Username:
  • Email:
  • Access to any shared drives
  • Access to any share mailboxes
  • Did they have access to QMPlus?
  • Did they have access to Novell?
  • Did they have access to Thinlinc or VDI?
  • Did they have a managed laptop with a BitLocker code?
  • Date of departure:

NOTE: You can raise a ticket before the staff member leaves and we can disable the account to the time and date you specify. ITS run periodic reports to identify accounts of staff who have left and take proactive action to disable these accounts. Any account that requires reactivation will require a ticket to be raised with the appropriate information provided.

What do I do if I want to keep my account open?

Your Line Manger/Centre Administrator will need to raise a ticket and let us know how long your account will need to be kept active for.

Will my account expire?

Yes, once IT Services have been notified that you have left QMUL your account will be deactivated with no prior warning.

  • If you are a contractor it will expire at the end of your contract. If your contract has been extended please inform the IT Service Desk by raising a ticket.
  • A student account will expire at the end of the course and will be disabled within 6 months. This too will be disabled without prior warning.
  • If you are a permanent member of staff your account will not expire. However, your password will need to be reset every 6 months to allow you access to QMUL resources.

NOTE: QMUL will not keep accounts open indefinitely due to the Data Protection Act.

back to top


I need access to Agresso, how do I go about getting an account?

You will need to complete a New User Form and have it authorised by one of the following authorisers:

  • For Schools and Institute - Director of Administration or Deputy / Institute Manager or Deputy 
  • For Professional Services - Director of Department or Deputy 

They must sign the form and raise a ticket with the IT Service Desk with the form attached.

The form can be found here: http://qm-web.finance.qmul.ac.uk/agresso/forms/index.html

Is it possible to get training for Agresso?

Yes, you can raise a ticket  with the IT Service Desk and they will forward this onto the Finance Systems Team.

I have forgotten my password/locked myself out, how do I get it reset?

You can call the Service Desk on 0207 882 8888 and ask for a password reset. They will email you the new password and the instructions on how to reset it. Alternatively, you can raise a ticket and the Service Desk will contact you once your password has been reset.

Can I access Agresso off campus?

Yes, you can access Agresso using VDI or Direct Access. If you do not have access to VDI, your Line Manager/Centre Administrator will need to raise a ticket  for your access.

Where can I find other support material for Agresso?

Support guides can be found on the Agresso website

What is the link for Agresso Web?

Why do I receive the open PO report?

The open purchase order report is sent out to remind you to goods receipt orders that have not yet been goods receipted, or to close orders that have been paid but where there is still an amount left over. If you are satisfied that there will be no more invoices for the amount left over, please request for that purchase order to be closed. If you have fully goods receipted the order, it will still show in the report until Accounts Payable pays the invoice the order relates to.

If you have any concerns about why the invoice has not been paid then please contact the Accounts Payable team and they can advise further.

Can I delete a Requisition?

In order for a requisition to be deleted, the following steps need to be followed:

    • The requisition needs to be rejected by the approver
    • Once it has been rejected, you will receive a "Requisition Amend" task in Agresso
    • Click on this task and it will take you into the requisition that has been rejected
    • You will then need to change the “STATUS” field (near the top left of the screen) from Active to Closed and click then save. 

This will delete the requisition.

I received the message ‘Invalid Supplier’ when I saved my requisition. Why am I getting this message?

Finance have re-categorised some existing suppliers as ‘Staff’, preventing further use for requisitions. You will get the message ‘Invalid Supplier’. Please email Finance directly on finance-ap-manager@qmul.ac.uk for further information. Please provide Finance with the Supplier ID/name, inform Finance that you are getting message ‘Invalid Supplier’ and that the Agresso team have referred you. Finance will offer you further guidance.

back to top

Anti-Virus and Spyware

I think my laptop has a virus, what can I use to get rid of it?

We do not endorse companies or their anti-virus/malware software.

Can IT remove viruses on my machine?

Staff - If your machine is owned by QMUL, IT Services will take the necessary details and assist in removing any viruses or malware you may have.

Student - We cannot take responsibility for fixing personal devices; we can only provide advice on what actions you may take. For further information please refer to the

back to top

Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)

What does BYOD mean?

Bring Your Own Device refers to users using their own device (which is not owned or provided to you by QMUL) to access and store QMUL information, whether at the place of work or remotely, typically connecting to the QMUL’s Wireless Service. ITS will make reasonable actions to support users in connecting or using QMUL Systems, but may be unable to support those BYOD where basic good practice has not been followed*. This Policy is applicable to anyone using a non-QMUL-owned device for example laptops, PDA, smart phones, tablets and similar technologies, commonly known as a BYOD, to access QMUL data and/or IT services, this includes any visitors to the university.

*Further details can be found on our .

Can you help fix my laptop; I use it to do assignments and university work?

Student - No, we cannot fix personal laptops if they are broken or damaged. We can only advise you take your device to specialised repair shops.

TIP: Always check reviews and rating by other customers before handing your device over to a company.

Staff - If your device has been purchased by QMUL, we can assist in investigating and possibly repairing any damage. A ticket will be raised and sent to the local Support team for further investigation/collection.

Can you retrieve documents from a broken USB; it has my assignments on it?

No, we do not have the software or the capabilities to repair damaged or broken USB/memory sticks. You can take your device to a repair shop and check if it is possible to fix.

NOTE: We advise you always remove, or eject, your USB/memory stick safely – DO NOT PULL IT OUT

back to top

Data restoration

I need to recover documents, can you help?

If you have accidentally deleted a file from the G or J drive, your documents or files can be retrieved after 24 hours.

You should be able to right-click on the folder which has been removed and select: Restore previous versions. A new window will pop up and display the files which have been removed. Once you have found the folder, select Restore…

I want to know what comes under the Queen Mary University Storage and Recovery Policy, where can I find this?

You can find the necessary details .

back to top


How can I gain access to the Shared drive?

Many departments have a shared drive, also referred to as the J drive, if you are new member of staff your Line Manager will need to raise a ticket stating the name of the shared drive/folder and the type of access you require.

I’m working in two departments and need access to both departmental shared drives, how will this work?

The shared folder owner, usually the Line Manager/Centre Administrator, will need to give permission for you to be able to access the folder. Once this has been done, raise a ticket including the confirmation and stating which will be your primary and secondary shared drive.

I’m a line manager and need a new starter to have access to the shared drive, what details do you need?

You will need to raise a ticket and give us the name of the shared drive and a colleague’s username we can use to mirror the access to.

I can’t see a folder in the shared drive, how do I get access to it?

You will need to get your Line Manager or the Departmental Administrator to raise a ticket with IT Services letting us know which folder you require access to. We will not grant access to folders without authorisation.

back to top


What is eduroam?

At Queen Mary University of London we use a service provided by Janet to allow our users to connect to the College network. Janet is the UK provider for eduroam. “eduroam (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community.” (Source: https://www.eduroam.org/). We use the service to allow students, researchers and staff to obtain wireless internet connectivity across our campuses and when visiting other institutes on any of your devices*.

*with the exception of some gaming devices

How do I connect to eduroam?

You can find our how-to guides .

How do I connect to eduroam at other institutes?

If you have already connected to eduroam at QMUL then it should work when you are visiting any other university.

Where is the eduroam available?

eduroam is available almost anywhere on campus.

NOTE: You may find that there are some places with a stronger connection than others.

Is there an eduroam wired service?

Students living on campus have the facility of wired connection available in their dorms. When using this service, you will need to remember to ensure Wi-Fi is switched off before using the wired connection service.

I can't see the QM-Guest or QM-Events whilst in the Dentistry building?

The wifi service in the main Dentistry building at Whitechapel is provided by the NHS Trust – not QMUL.

The Trust broadcast the Eduroam network but do not offer QM-Guest or QM-Events.

As a result, we cannot provide visitors/guests with wifi in that building – unless they are registered to Eduroam in their own institutions.

back to top


Is there a limit on the size of messages I send?

Yes, messages sent or received through Office 365 are limited in size to 25MB. This includes any attached files such as images or documents.

Is there a limit on the number of emails I can send in a day?

Yes, but there is a limit of 500 recipients per email and you can send up to a total of 1,500 recipients in a day. If you need to send mass mailings over these limits, please use the QMUL mailing list service.

How long do emails stay in the deleted items?

Emails remain in the deleted items folder for 30 days.

Can I retrieve deleted items?

Yes, you can retrieve your deleted items. You can find instructions on how to .

Can you set up an Automatic Reply/Out of office for a shared mailbox?

Yes, you can set up an automatic reply/out of office for a shared mailbox. Instructions can be found .

Can I check if email addresses have been blocked from sending me emails?

You can check and amend the block list by following the instructions here.

What is Clutter?

Clutter has been introduced to help filter the low priority emails from your inbox so you can scan your mailbox for important messages easily.

Quick facts can be found .

I turned Clutter on but nothing happened?

"Clutter is still learning so that it can provide strong predictions and will only begin taking actions once it has a learned your work style. You can expedite Clutter’s learning by moving messages into the Clutter folder to help train it. The more you move, the faster it will learn."

Source: https://blogs.office.com/2014/11/11/de-clutter-inbox-office-365/

Can I disable Clutter after I have turned it on?

Instructions on how to do this can be found here.

How to train Clutter that items are or aren’t Clutter?

"The easiest way to train Clutter is by simply completing your work. You can explicitly train Clutter by moving items to or from the Clutter folder. In OWA, Clutter-specific actions are available as a right-click command to mark items as Clutter or not Clutter."

Source: https://blogs.office.com/2014/11/11/de-clutter-inbox-office-365/

Are clutter items automatically deleted after a specified time period?

"The Clutter folder does not apply a specific clean-up action. The default policy for a new folder is applied to the Clutter folder at time of creation, and can later be changed. Users in OWA are provided Clutter specific quick clean-up tools to expedite the deletion of the Clutter messages."

Source: https://blogs.office.com/2014/11/11/de-clutter-inbox-office-365/

Does Clutter work in Outlook desktop clients?

"Yes. Once turned on by the user, the Clutter folder is available in Outlook and is automatically added in your folder Favourites. In Outlook, users interact with Clutter by moving items to/from the Clutter folder, which trains Clutter for your inbox. You must use the OWA options menu to turn Clutter on or off."

Source: https://blogs.office.com/2014/11/11/de-clutter-inbox-office-365/

Can I delegate access to my mailbox or calendar to a colleague?

Yes you can, for instructions on how to do this please use the link for further information: http://www.its.qmul.ac.uk/support/self-help/email_setup/howto/index.html

Can I request access to my colleague’s mailbox or calendar?

No, the owner of the mailbox will need to raise a ticket authorising your access to their mailbox/calendar.

NOTE: The usernames and email addresses will need to be included in the ticket so we can action this request.

back to top

LANDesk (Self Service Portal)

How can I raise a ticket?

You can log onto the Self Service Portal and raise tickets using the buttons on the left hand panel.

We have included on our website to help you get around LANDesk.

How can I chase a ticket?

You can call the Service Desk on 0207 882 8888 or log onto the Self Service Portal and Add a note. Make sure the Notify Analyst box is checked.

What is the escalation procedure for a ticket?

You can call the Service Desk on 0207 882 8888 and ask for a ticket update. There are a couple of factors which need to be considered before ticket escalation. To find out more please refer to our Escalation page

back to top

Mailing list / Shared mailbox

What are the differences between a mailing list and a shared mailbox?

A mailing list, often referred to with the shorthand "list," is a means of sending electronic mail to many different addresses at once. The sender does not need to know the addresses of everyone on the list in order to ensure that the mail gets to all of them.

A shared mailbox can be used to allow multiple users read and write access to the same mailbox. Unlike mailing lists, shared mailboxes appear on the Global Address Book.

I’m not getting the "All Staff" emails, what do I do?

If you are a new member of staff and are missing the “All staff” emails you will need to contact your Directory Administrator. You will need to ask them to add you onto the Staff Directory, once this has happened you will start receiving the “All Staff” emails.

You can find your Directory Administrator on the Staff Directory, there is a link at the bottom of the page to view the respective department’s Directory Administrator.

Can anyone create a mailing list?

New mailing lists can only be requested by members of the college. To create a mailing list please visit: http://www.lists.qmul.ac.uk/sympa/create_list_request.

You must be logged in with your college email account. If you are, then you should see a link in the main navigation menu near the top right of the page titled "Create a List." Clicking this will take you to the new list request form. Once you have completed filling in all the fields and your mailing list has been created, raise a ticket so it can be made active.

NOTE: If you need any help, click the "Help" link at the top of the page next to "Request a New Mailing List."

How long will it take to activate a mailing list?

After submitting the form on the following link: http://www.lists.qmul.ac.uk/sympa/, raise a ticket requesting the mailing list to be activated. The SLA to get a mailing list activated is 3 business days.

I am going to be leaving, can I change the list owner?

You can raise a ticket with the Service Desk and the Core Infrastructure Team can do this for you. Please remember to list the full name(s) and email address(es) of the intended list owner(s).

NOTE: For further details regarding mailing lists please visit: http://www.lists.qmul.ac.uk/sympa/help

Can I access my shared mailbox from a phone or tablet?

Microsoft have confirmed:

- Phone & tablet native platform Exchange clients cannot support shared mailboxes;
- Outlook for Mobile cannot support shared mailboxes;
- OWA for Devices (iOS, Android) can support shared mailboxes

The recommended method is to use a OWA via a web browser.

back to top


Who can access MyHR?

All QMUL permanent employees and QMUL contractors have access to MyHR.

Agency/Contractors and those who are not paid by QMUL payroll will not have access to MyHR.

Which details do I need to use to log onto MyHR?

You will need to login with your IT credentials (i.e. abc123) and your memorable information.

I am new to QMUL and need access to MyHR, what do I need to do?

Contact the Service Desk either by raising a ticket, or by calling 0207 882 8888, and let us know that you are a new starter and need access to MyHR.

Once your account has been associated, it may take up to 48 hours for your MyHR account to be activated.

Can I access MyHR off-campus?

Yes, from 1st August MyHR will be available from anywhere with an internet connection. 

Firstly, you will need to install the Microsoft Authenticator app on your mobile or tablet. The app can be downloaded for free from Google Play store or Apple App Store. 

Information on how to set up and use this new MFA service from Wednesday 1 August are available to download from www.its.qmul.ac.uk. Please be aware that you will need a separate device with internet connection to complete the set up. 

Once you have set up MFA following the instructions, you will be able to access MyHR via a web browser on any device by going to myhr.qmul.ac.uk. 

I get the error message “Invalid Login”, what do I do?

You may get the above error message for the following reasons:

  • Password has expired – Reset your password on PRM
  • Passwords are not synchronised – If you are using a PhD account instead of a staff account, you will need to get your password synchronised. Contact the Service Desk to assist you with this
  • Entered your password in at least 5 times incorrectly
  • Account has not been associated to your MyHR record

You will still need to contact the Service Desk so your account can be unlocked.

I need a copy of my P45 can you help?

No, you will need to contact your HR Representative and ask them if they can send it to you.

I’ve forgotten my Memorable Information, what do I do?

You can call the Service Desk on 0207 882 8888 and request your memorable information to be reset.

I don’t remember my NI number, can the Service Desk help?

You will need to talk to your HR representative and ask them to issue it to you.

back to top

Online Exam Support

What is the required notice period to request for support for an exam?

The notice period that needs to be provided is 3 months before an exam takes place.

Is there a cost for requesting installation of a new software?

Yes, there may be a charge for any installations of new software or licences.

How can I request exam support?

You will need to raise a ticket including the following details:

  • Date, time and duration of exam
  • Location of the exam, e.g. room, building, etc.
  • Number of candidates
  • Will you need additional Accounts (temp accounts)
  • Do the PCs need to have restrictions applied? E.g. internet restriction during the exam
  • What software the exam is to be on? E.g. MS Word
  • Is printing required?
  • Is IT support required during the exam and if so for how long?

back to top


I have forgotten my password can you reset it?

No, but we can help you use self-service. Password reset is a self-service facility. Once registered for Self Service Password Reset (SSPR) you can change your password at  https://aka.ms/sspr. Further details below.

How do I reset my password?

To reset your password you must be registered for Self Service Password Reset (SSPR)

If your are registered with SSPR you can choose to:

Receive a verification code via text or email to your registered alternate contact phone/email. For guidance watch short video tutorials or follow the steps below

    • Go to https://aka.ms/sspr
    • In the User ID box enter your username@qmul.ac.uk e.g. abc12345@qmul.ac.uk
    • Enter the characters in the picture or the audio and click Next
    • Choose either "I forgot my password" or "I know my password but..." click Next
    • Choose to receive a verication code to either your mobile or your alternative email (these will be the mobile and/or email address you gave when registering for SSPR)
    • When you receive the code enter into the verification code box, click Next
    • Choose a new password and confirm new password, click Finish
    • You have now reset your password

If you are NOT registered for SSPR and you DO NOT know your current password contact the IT Service Desk

If you are NOT registered for SSPR and you DO know your current password see below to register

Watch a short video tutorial or follow the steps below 

    • Go to http://sspr.qmul.ac.uk
    • Sign in with your username@qmul.ac.uk e.g. abc12345@qmul.ac.uk
    • You will be taken to the Queen Mary login page
    • Enter your current password
    • The next page "Keep your account secure", add security information
    • We recommend you add both a personal email and mobile number
    • To complete registration enter the code/s sent to your personal email and/or mobile
    • Once registered you can reset your password following the steps above

For further information on how to use the tool please visit the link below:

If you are unable to reset your password, please call IT Services on 0207 882 8888, our lines are open 24/7.

Can I change my password off campus?

Yes, you can reset your password off campus.

For instructions on how to do this, please click on the above question.

I can’t reset my password while off campus, can you help?

Yes, our lines are open 24/7, you can call us on 0207 882 8888.

How often will my password expire?

Passwords will never expire.

back to top


How much does it cost?

An up-to-date table of prices can be found here.

You are charged for printing and copying by clicks (one click = one side of paper). The cost of a single side is 4p but drops to 3.5p when you print double-sided. If odd pages are printed the system will round up to the nearest penny.

I am a visitor, can I print?

You may be able to print if this has been organised by your host. They will need to contact IT Services prior to your visit to ensure this has been enabled on your temporary account.

I sent something to print whilst I was on campus, is there any way I can retrieve those print jobs at another campus?

Yes, if you have sent print jobs to a Konica printer you can access them within 24 hours on any other Konica printer at any of the campuses.

Can I get a refund for faulty printing?

You may request a refund for a spoiled or faulty print job. If you do, you can visit the library and give them the details of what happened. This includes which printer issued the faulty, or failed, prints and the exact details of the print failure.

Alternatively, you can visit the Helpdesk on the Mile End campus, W209 in the Queens’ Building. You will be asked to show your ID card, the spoiled print jobs, and how much you want refunding. We will also need to take a look at your account to see your printing history and credit your account with the amount due.

back to top


What software can I get as a student?

All free software for students can be found on our Software Support pages.

What software can I get as a staff?

All free and discounted software for staff can be found on our Software Support pages.

If the software you are searching for has not been listed on our website under Support or Services, you can request it by raising a ticket. If the software you are requesting needs to be purchased, please include your budget code.

Are there any licensing processes I need to be aware of?

You are not allowed to install or use illegal or unlicensed software. Before installing any personal software please consult IT Services by raising a ticket.

Are they any installation processes I need to be aware of?

Yes, you should contact IT Service Desk for any software installation.

I need to get software we use on during our classes but I don’t see it on the website, why?

If the software you want is not listed on the website that means it requires a license. Please contact the Service Desk to get a quote or to order.

Does IT Services give training on the software on my computer?

No. We do however have some free Microsoft training packages on QMPlus. This is only accessible for QMUL staff and students.

Does IT support Windows 10? (STAFF ONLY)

No, we currently do not support this operating system but we hope to in the future

back to top

Stolen/ Lost devices - Staff Only

My Queen Mary device (laptop/phone) has been stolen, what do I need to do?

If IT equipment is lost  or stolen, please take the following actions:

  • Report this to the appropriate authorities, we will need the statement number they issue you
  • Inform Estates Security as a Queen Mary asset has been lost or stolen. 
  • Contact Finance regarding Insurance and cover for stolen items http://qm-web.finance.qmul.ac.uk/sections/insurance/
  • Report to IT Services and your local information manager or the Records & Information Compliance manager
    • IT Services via an email, phone call or raise a ticket
    • Records & Information Compliance Manager - p.smallcombe@qmul.ac.uk
    • Contact details for your local information manager should be available from your department
  • Notify the above of any information or data that was stored on the IT equipment such as:
    • Did it contain any "Restricted" or "Confidential" data?
    • Was it:
            a) a standard "managed" machine (in which case the disc was fully encrypted), or
            b) another (self-managed) machine with a fully encrypted hard disc, or
            c) a machine without any encryption applied to the hard disc?
    • Was any removable media that might have contained QMUL data included in the loss or theft?

Can I get a replacement laptop?

Your department must pay for a replacement laptop, please ask your Line Manager to raise a ticket for you.

While waiting for your replacement device, IT Services will provide a temporary All In One (AIO) desktop computer, dependent upon stock availability

back to top


Where can I find my timetable?

After logging onto QM+, you will find a button which reads Timetable under your name in the Welcome box. Make sure you are selecting the correct semester/date when searching for your weekly timetable.

Modules are missing from my timetable, who shall I contact?

You will need to make sure your modules have been accepted on MySIS by your Advisor. If your modules have been accepted and you are still unable to access/view your modules on QM+ you will need to contact your Course Administrator.

If however, your modules have not been accepted then you will need to contact the Student Enquiry Centre and they will be able to administer your modules for you. Once this has been done and you are able to view this on MySIS, the modules will soon appear on QM+.

Are there system requirements to be able to view my timetable?

No, you should be able to view it on all web browsers.

back to top

VDI/ Direct Access - Staff Only

What is the difference between VDI and Direct access?

VDI Access is a remote login to a virtual desktop which gives staff, who have been migrated to the new central Infrastructure, access to their network files and some internal applications such as MyHR and Agresso. This is ideal for off-campus access.

Direct Access is an in-built facility to allow staff members using the Managed laptops access to applications whilst on and off campus. Whilst off campus you can also access MyHR and can access your G: and J: drive as you would within the university.

Can anyone get VDI access?

Yes, as long as you get authorisation from your Line Manager or Centre Administrator.

I need VDI access, what details do I need to give?

You will need to raise a ticket providing the following details:

  • Authorisation email from your Line Manger/Centre Administrator
  • Your smartphone type (Android, iOS/Apple, Windows etc.), if you do not have a smartphone we will issue you a hard token.

What device can I use VDI on?

VDI can be used on any Windows desktop/laptop and Apple Mac/laptop.

Do I have to install the VDI Horizon View Client on my personal machine to be able to work from home?

No, installation of the client is not compulsory but is advised. You can access VDI using the following link: https://qmd.qmul.ac.uk and choosing VMWare Horizon View HTML Access.

back to top

If you are unable to find the answer you are looking for, please give us a call on 0207 882 8888, our lines are open 24/7 or raise a ticket. We welcome any suggestions you may have.

Return to top