We have created short tutorials to help demonstrate how easy it is to create and edit tickets using our Self Service portal, LANDesk. The Self Service portal has functions that make tracking the progress and the editing of your tickets much easier than emailing.
The videos below aim to help you feel confident enough to raise tickets using the Self Service Portal
Creating a ticket – Request
In this video, the example shows how to raise a ticket for a new starter. The same procedure applies for other requests too.
Add a note
This video shows how you can add a note on existing tickets. Using this method also gets to us much quicker than email and eliminates the chances of generating duplicate tickets.
Add an attachment
You may find that you need to add attachments in your ticket this video will help you know how to do it in a few simple clicks. You may notice that at the Helpdesk we mention we are unable to view attachments – adding it this way will save time and reduce doubt as to whether or not it has been received.
Add a response
A technician may ask for further details or a need a response to a query. This video will show you how easy it is. Using this method also gets to us much quicker than email and eliminates the chances of generating duplicate tickets.
Reporting an Incident
When something is not working and/or has failed you can report it easily. Use our templates and simply fill in the questions to help us speed the diagnostic procedure of the IT problem you are having.
Benefits of using the Self Service Portal
- It’s easy to use. In a few clicks you can create, edit and search what you need
- The visual aids help you see the status of open tickets – you can’t see this with emails
- The delay in reaching the Service Desk is significantly shorter – it can take up to 20 minutes for an email to reach us but seconds-to-minutes via the Self Service portal.
- You can still use the Self Service portal even if emails are down.
- It eliminates the chance of creating duplicate tickets. We find duplicate tickets when customers respond to a technician. Using the Self Service portal can save you and us any confusion and frustration.
- Everything regarding a ticket can be found in one place and in one click. This usually includes notes between you and technicians and any escalations.