Wired connection in your room
Wired connection in rooms in halls of residence at Mile End:
Connect your device to a datapoint, and you will have internet access.
Wired connection in rooms in halls of residence at Charterhouse Square and Whitechapel:
Connect your device to a datapoint and launch a web browser. You will be presented with a page where you can log in with your QM username and password. Once you are successfully authenticated you will have internet access.
The datapoints in all QM halls of residence also support 802.1x authentication. If your device network card is capable of 802.1x authentication then configuring it for this, using your QM username and password, is recommended. Please refer to your device manual, the Manually connecting to eduroam section of, and the Troubleshooting eduroam page.
Advice for using the network in Halls
Please remember the following when accessing the network in Halls:
- If you have your own printer you will not be able to print over Wi-Fi. You must connect it via a cable or use Bluetooth.
- You must not set up your own Wi-Fi network.
- You can use services such as Skype, Netflix and LOVEFiLM.
- You cannot connect many gaming stations (such as an Xbox) to the eduroam network.
- Downloading or sharing copyright material, or accessing inappropriate material, will lead to the loss of computing privileges and possible disciplinary action.
- If you cannot make any network connection at all, your computer may need some initial changes to its networking configuration, particularly if you have it configured in a specific way for a home network for example. If you need to troubleshoot general networking issues, consult the a step-by-step guide.
- Look at the solutions to some common problems on the Troubleshooting eduroam page.
- If after trying on-line help, you still need assistance you can call us on +44 (0)20 7882 8888 - our lines are open 24/7, or you can raise a ticket.
- You can visit us in the Mile End Campus, Room W209 of the Queens' Building from 8.00 a.m. - 6.00 p.m., Monday to Friday.