Configuring a Blackberry for eduroam
Install Certificate - v3 and earlier
- Download the certificate to your BlackBerry by clicking on this link. Network Support Root Certificate (DER)
- Browse to the location of the certificate file and right-click it.
- Click Install certificate.
- Click Next and then Place all certificates in the following store.
- Click Browse and select Trusted Root Certification Authorities.
- Click OK.
- Click Finish.
- In the Security Warning dialog box, click Yes.
Install Certificate - v4 and later
- Download the certificate to your Blackberry by clicking on this link. Network Support Root Certificate (DER) A dialogue should appear with details of the certificate.
- Click on Import. Enter your key store password. Click on OK.
Connect to the eduroam network
- Click on the AirPort icon and select eduroam from the list of available wireless networks.
- Enter security settings as follows:
- Security type: PEAP
- Certificate: NetworkSupportRootCA-cacert
- Inner link security: EAP-MS-CHAP v2
- Server Subject / Server San: leave blank
- Enter your normal network username with '@qmul.ac.uk' appended, e.g. 'firstname.lastname@example.org', and your normal network password.
- Click Connect. You should then be prompted to save the network as a profile.
- Click Yes if you want your device to retain these settings for future use.
- Click Finish to exit set-up.