These are the steps you need to follow to set up your Mac Mail email client for your QMUL email account.
- Web access to Office 365
- QMUL username and password
Steps to configure Mac Mail (OSX 10.7 or later) for Office 365
Note: This process may require administrative access depending on your computer. If your computer prompts you for a password other than your email password for setup, please follow the steps for Apple Mail (10.6 or earlier).
1. Verify that all instances of Apple Mail are closed.
2. In the top left corner of your screen, select the Apple icon, then select System Preferences...
3. Under Internet & Wireless, click on Mail, Contact & Calendars.
4. Click on the Microsoft Exchange account option.
5. In the window that opens, please enter your Name and QMUL Email Address and QMUL Password.
6. Click Continue.
7. If AutoDiscover succeeds, please skip to step 10. AutoDiscover may display an error message after attempting to find your settings. Please click Continue if this happens.
8. In the Account Settings window that opens, please enter the information in the relevant field as follows:
- Description: Office 365
- User Name: Your QMUL username including the '@qmul.ac.uk' suffix (eg firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: Your QMUL password
- Server Address: outlook.office365.com
9. Click Continue.
10. An Account Summary window will open and asking you to verify that your information is correct. Click Continue.
11. The final window will allow you to select and configure other Apple programs to complement Apple Mail:
- Mail - configures Apple Mail to use your Exchange account.
- Contacts - uses the Contacts application to access your contacts and the Global Address List.
- Calendars & Reminders (10.8 and later) - uses the Calendar application to access your Exchange calendar and uses the Reminders application to access your Exchange Tasks.
- Notes (10.8 or later) - uses the Notes application to save notes in your Notes folder.
12. Once you have ticked those you want, click Add Account.