These are the steps for setting up Outlook 2011 for Mac for your QMUL email account.
- Mac/Macbook with Outlook 2011 installed
- QMUL username and password
Steps to configure Outlook 2011 for Mac with Office 365
NOTE: Currently some users will find that their client may not automatically find the correct settings. This is a problem IT Services is working on to resolve.
1. To add a new account click on the Outlook 2011 for Mac icon.
2. Go to Tools and then click Accounts...
3. Select Add an Account and click on the Exchange Account option.
4. In the window that opens, you will need to enter the following information:
- Your QMUL email address (eg firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Select Method as User Name and Password (default)
- In the User name field enter your QMUL username including the ‘@qmul.ac.uk’ suffix (e.g. email@example.com)
- Password is your QMUL password.
5. Click Add Account.
6. Outlook 2011 will automatically discover the settings for your account and configure accordingly. Should this process not work, click on advanced setting and manually enter ‘outlook.office365.com’ in the server field. Click OK.
7. Close the window when your account icon has turned green.