These are the steps for setting up your Android device for your QMUL email account.
- Android device
- QMUL username and password
Steps to configure your Android device for Office 365
NOTE: You may need to delete an existing email account on your device if it has previously been set up with Exchange ActiveSync.
1. Go to the Settings screen and select Accounts & Sync (on some devices this may be on the Applications menu, then select Email).
2. Tap Add Account.
3. Select Exchange ActiveSync.
4. In the Email field enter your QMUL email address (eg firstname.lastname@example.org) and password, and then tap Next.
5. If your email account cannot be configured automatically you may be presented with a set up screen asking for further information, or you may need to tap Manual Setup to get to this. You will need to enter the following additional information:
- In the Email address field enter your QMUL email address (eg email@example.com).
- In the Server address field enter 'outlook.office365.com'.
- If a Domain field exists then leave it empty.
- In the Username field (or Domain\Username field) enter your QMUL username including the suffix '@qmul.ac.uk' (eg firstname.lastname@example.org).
- In the Password field enter your normal QMUL password.
- Ensure that This server requires an encrypted SSL connection option (if available) is ticked.
6. Once your device has verified the server settings the Account Options screen will be displayed. The options available will depend on your Android device and may include the following:
- Email checking frequency. The default value is Automatic (Push). When you select this option email messages will be sent to your phone when they arrive. We recommend only selecting this option if you have an unlimited data plan.
- Amount to Synchronise. This is the amount of mail you want to keep on your mobile phone. You can choose from several length options, including One day, Three days and One week.
- Notify me when email arrives. If you select this option, your mobile phone will notify you when you receive a new email message.
- Sync contacts from this account. If you select this option, your contacts will be synchronised between your phone and your account.
7. Tap Next and then type a name for this account and also the name you want displayed when you send email to others.
8. Tap Done to complete the email set up and start using your account.