- Service Group: Help, Support, and Policy Service
- Users: Staff
IT support in moving of IT from one physical Queen Mary location to another for existing staff of the university. This service does not cover new starters or nor does it moves to a non-Queen Mary location which should be dealt with as a non-standard request.
How to request this service
The Service can be requested by raising a ticket and mailing a completed copy of the Excel spreadsheet below
Self-service: Service Desk
|Number of users\Location move||Location A
(within same building
|Location A to location A
(moves within one campus)
|Location A to location B
(moves from one campus to another)
|Location A to location Z
(moves from an existing campus location to a new building/campus)
|1 to 3 users||3 working days||5 working days||10 working days||22 working days||It is assumed such a small number of users will not need a printer moved/use printers at destination|
|4 to 10 users||7 working days||14 working days||10 working days||22 working days|
|11 to 50 users||15 working days||22 working days||22 working days||22 working days||The resource requirement is largely determined by the number of users instead of location. A PM may be considered.|
|51 + users||Via Non-Standard Request or small project||Via Non-Standard Request or small project||Via Non-Standard Request or small project||Via Non-Standard Request or small project||Above 50 users requires project management resource|
There is no cost to the user for this service, however, there may be charges involved for certain items, e.g. if work needs to take place out of hours.
Hours of Service: 24/7/365
Supported Monday to Friday 8am–6pm (excluding bank holidays and university closure days).
Following assumptions were made:
- A standard user is considered as having 1 desktop and 1 or 2 monitors.As part of the request an Office Move survey form is completed (on location by CCS or electronically by the requester)
- Konica requires 5 days’ notice to move an MFD and 14 days’ notice to procure a new MFD
- The office layout of the new location is approved by Queen Mary H&S to ensure all existing and potential health and safety issues have been resolved.
- There is sufficient power and networking capacity in the destination location.
- Where 3rd parties are involved with any IT component of the move (e.g. BT fibre move, Cliff equipment move) the service level will be dependent and adjusted according to the 3rd party Service Level.
- The destination location does not require major/significant building works; it is in an acceptable state of readiness for a move
- NHS staff moves require a longer timescales due to the complexity of the arrangement between QM and the NHS