If an IT equipment is lost or stolen, please take the following actions:
- Report this to the appropriate authorities
- Inform Estates Security as a QMUL asset has been lost or stolen.
- Report to IT Services via an email or phone call (raise a ticket) and notify us of any information or data that was stored on the IT equipment such as:
- Did it contain any "Restricted" or "Confidential" data?
- Was it:
a) a standard "managed" machine (in which case the disc was fully encrypted), or
b) another (self-managed) machine with a fully encrypted hard disc, or
c) a machine without any encryption applied to the hard disc?
- Was any removable media that might have contained QMUL data included in the loss or theft?
- Raise a Request for loan or new IT equipment to ensure you are able to continue working.